Cara O. Frank, L.OM.
- Acupuncture Can Help You Better In Bed: In a case study of a diabetic man with Erectile
Dysfunction (ED) that was unresponsive to medication, acupuncture improved his ability to maintain an erection[i]. There are many reasons for ED, and because all our treatments are tailored to match each patients unique presentation, Acupuncture, and Chinese herbal therapy can help, whether the cause is aging, diabetes, heart disease as well as anxiety and depression. And don’t worry; we don’t needle “down there”.
- Acupuncture Helps To Make You A Dad: While the treatment of female fertility is emphasized in our practice, evidence suggests that acupuncture and herbal therapy can increase sperm mobility and motility[ii]. Traditional herbal formulas are effective for treating varicoles[iii]. While acupuncture alone was helpful, the combination of acupuncture and Chinese herbology yielded even better results[iv]. Finally- Chinese medicine improved western medical treatment of male factor infertility. We treating infertile couples, we feel strongly that both partners should have acupuncture and herbs.
- Acupuncture Helps You To Be A Better Dad: Let’s be honest. Parenting is hard work. It’s not always easy to stay on an even keel when we feel pulled between the kids, work and chores. Even the easiest child can push our buttons. Acupuncture, herbs and massage are useful tools to help alleviate stress, which allows you to be a more thoughtful, less reactive dad. Happy Dad=Happy kids.
- Acupuncture Makes It Easier To Pee: Sooner or later, most men begin to have prostate problems. Dribbling, difficulty urinating, and even infections are common. Acupuncture, moxibustion and herbs have been shown to reduce prostate pain[v] and swelling[vi].
The practitioners at Six Fishes Acupuncture, Chinese Herbs and Massage would love to work with you to help improve your health and vitality. You can schedule an appointment with us 6 days a week.
[i] Taniguchi, Hiroshi, Kenji Imai, Sazu Taniguchi, and Hiroshi Kitakoji. “Acupuncture in the Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction among a Diabetic Population of Sildenafil Citrate Non-Respnder.”
[iii] Ishikawa H, Ohashi M, Hayakawa K, Kaneko S, Hata M.Effects of guizhi-fuling-wan on male infertility with varicocele
[v] Zhongguo Zhen Jiu. 2011 Jan;31(1):11-4. Acupuncture for chronic pelvic pain syndromes (CPPS) and its effect on cytokines in prostatic fluid. Yuan SY, Qin Z, Liu DS, Yin WQ, Zhang ZL, Li SG. Male Department of Zhuhai Branch of Guangdong Provincial TCM Hospital, Zhuhai, China.
2. Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao. 2012 Mar;10(3):293-7. Study strategies for acupuncture treatment of chronic nonbacterial prostatitis. Yang ZX, Chen PD, Yu HB, Pi M, Luo WS, Zhuo YY.