It’s been nearly 2 whole years of work to become approved as a provider for Health Partners Plans. HPP covers acupuncture treatments for qualifying Medicare and KidzPartners members. Check your plan to see if you are covered.
If you have this coverage and would like acupuncture treatment, please call or schedule online.
HPP covers the following conditions: Acupuncture treatment is generally limited to the following conditions:
- As an analgesia for medical procedures;
- Chronic pain syndromes, including but not limited to:
- Neuromusculoskeletal conditions (e.g., neck, back, extremity pain, radicular syndromes, myofacial pain syndromes, fibromyalgia syndromes);
- Headaches (chronic or recurrent, tension or migraine)
- Nausea (e.g., following chemotherapy; associated with pregnancy)
- PMS or menstrual disorders
- For patients with a new condition there should be documented improvement in the following areas that are relevant to the condition being treated. Severity/intensity, frequency and duration of main symptom; and
- General fatigue, lack of energy, strength or endurance; inability to complete a normal day’s obligations/tasks; and
- Mobility, agility, range of motion, ability to sit/stand/walk; and
- Sleep disturbance: difficulty falling or staying asleep, waking too early, not rested upon waking in the morning; and
- Decreased quality of life: negative mood, poor coping ability or emotional resiliency; significant relationships strained.
Indications that are not covered
- Smoking (tobacco) cessation.
- Other conditions not listed in this policy.
- Maintenance care is not covered per the member contract.